Finance Decision Science (FDS) team leverages data and new technology to innovate around the way we forecast key measures to add stability and predictability to the AXP P&L. FDS team’s goal is to help the organization make fact-based and scientifically developed decisions around risk and opportunities.
This position will lead the prediction and analytics for our Consumer Lending business. You will work closely with other teams in Finance, Business and Risk to define new methods of prediction and align them with business strategy.
You will be a part of a highly talented team with strong intellectual curiosity. Our team is excited about solving business problems through data and technology.
Impact you’ll make:
Lead a team of highly talented individuals to:
- Develop predictive modeling that incorporates behaviors and increased level of data granularity
- Use machine learning techniques to improve forecasts and produce business insights; leverage visualization and reporting tools
- Partner across Finance, Risk and Business to derive strategic insights, provide thought leadership into key findings and actionable recommendations to influence business strategy
- Understand and adopt emerging technology that can affect the application of the quantitative analytical approaches and technique
What you’ll bring:
- Deep understanding of Consumer Lending business
- Significant hands-on experience managing/ leading projects using large amounts of data and application of advanced predictive analytics
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS, Hive, R
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools is strongly preferred
- Masters in Finance, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Highly motivated individual with desire to work on ambiguous projects, with the ability to break down and execute on complex ideas
- Be data-driven, outcome-focused and fast learner
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to influence people across all levels of the organization
- Ability to explain complex mathematical concepts
- Ability to solve ad-hoc business problems independently and manage multiple priorities and projects while adhering to deadlines
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019, 12:28:29 PM